Phone Numbers to Call

If your child gets Medicaid services through a medical and dental plan you can find helpful phone numbers from the list of links below. You can use these numbers to:

  • Find a Medicaid doctor.
  • Learn more about Medicaid services.

If your child does not have a Medicaid medical plan, call the Medicaid Help Line at  1-800-335-8957.

STAR Medicaid Medical Plans

Aetna Better Health


Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas

CHRISTUS Health Plan

Community First Health Plans

Community Health Choice

Cook Children’s Health Plan

Driscoll Children’s Health Plan

El Paso First Premier Plan

FirstCare STAR

Molina Healthcare of Texas

Parkland HEALTHfirst

Right Care from Scott and White Health Plans

Sendero Health Plans

Seton Health Plan

Superior Health Plan

Texas Children’s Health Plan

UnitedHealthcare Community Plan

STAR+PLUS Medicaid Medical Plans



Molina Healthcare of Texas

Superior HealthPlan

UnitedHealthcare Community Plan

STAR Health Medical and Dental Plan

Superior HealthPlan

Children’s Medicaid Dental Plans


MCNA Dental

Below is a list of other helpful phone numbers:

Texas Health Steps


Call this number to find a doctor, dentist, or other provider for children, teens, and young adults age 20 and younger.

Rides to the Doctor, Dentist, or Drug Store

1-855-687-4786 (If you live in the Houston / Beaumont area)

1-855-687-3255 (If you live in the Dallas / Fort Worth area)

1-877-633-8747 (If you live in any other part of Texas)

Call the number for your area if you need a ride or gas money to get to medical visits.

Relay Texas - For People with a Hearing or Speech Disability

7-1-1 or 1-800-735-2989

Call any HHSC office or program by using the relay service of your choice. The state of Texas offers Relay Texas at 7-1-1.

Finding Help in Texas


Dialing 2-1-1 is a free, easy way to find out about services you can get in your area such as help paying your utility bill or free dental care. You also can get facts about state programs like SNAP food benefits, TANF cash help, and Medicaid. Call any time of the day or night.  

Call 2-1-1, pick a language and then press 2 to:

  • Report any changes to your Medicaid case.
  • Find HHSC benefits offices.
  • Report a lost Medicaid ID.

If you can’t connect to 2-1-1, call 1-877-541-7905. You also can visit the 2-1-1 Texas website at to find services in your area.

Complaints about Medicaid Services


Call this number after you call the office or program you have a complaint about.