Extra Help for Children of Migrant Workers

A migrant farm worker is a person who moves to different places to follow the crops or farm jobs. This person works either:

  • On farms.
  •  In fields.


  • As a food packer. 

You are probably a migrant farm worker if you have done one of these jobs in the past 2 years:

  • Prepare the soil to produce crops. 
  • Grow fruits, flowers, shrubs, plants, vegetables, or flowering plants.
  • Plant trees.
  • Raise or care for livestock or poultry.
  • Work on a dairy farm. 

If you call your Medicaid medical plan or dental plan and tell them you are a migrant farm worker:

  • They will help you set up doctor or dentist visits for your children.
  • They will let the doctor or dentist know they need to see your children quickly before you have to leave the area to go to the next farm job.

Which Medicaid managed care plans do more to help children of migrant families get timely health care? Find out here.